Regulation of Complaints
Article 1 definitions
In this Office regulation of complaints will be understood under:
- Complaint: each written expression of dissatisfaction of or on behalf of the Client towards the Advocate or the persons working under his responsibility over the conclusion and the execution of an agreement of commission, the quality of the provision of services or the height of the declaration, not being a complaint as referred to in paragraph 4 of the Advocatenwet;
- Plaintiff: the Client or his representative that makes a complaint known;
- Complaints Officer: the Advocate that is charged with the processing of the complaint.
Article 2 scope
- This Regulation of Complaints is applicable to each agreement of commission between MannaertsAppels N.V. (hereinafter: “MA”) and the Client.
- Each Advocate of MA ensures for processing of the complaint in accordance with the Regulation of Complaints.
Article 3 objectives
This Regulation of Complaints has the objective:
- the recording of a procedure to process complaints of Clients within a reasonable term in a constructive manner;
- the recording of a procedure to establish the causes of complaints of Clients;
- preservation and improvement of existing relations by means of good treatment of complaints;
- to train employees in Client oriented responding to complaints;
- improvement of the quality of the provision of services with the aid of treatment and analysis of complaints.
Article 4 information upon the start of provision of services
- This Regulation of Complaints has been published. The Advocate points the Client before the conclusion of the agreement of commission that the office applies an office Regulation of Complaints, and that this is applicable to the provision of services.
- MA has declared this Regulation of Complaints applicable in its General Terms and Conditions, and has made this, as well as the independent instance to whom the complaint can be submitted if the complaint has not been resolved after treatment (see article 6 hereafter), known in the confirmation of commission.
Article 5 internal complaints procedure
- If a Client approaches the office with a complaint, then the complaint will be passed on to the chairperson of the daily board of management of MannaertsAppels, which therewith acts as Complaints Officer.
- The Complaints Officer notifies the person about whom a complaint has been made of the submission of the complaint and enables the Plaintiff and the person about whom has been complained to give a clarification on the complaint.
- The person about whom has been complained will try to come, jointly with the Client, to a solution, whether or not after intervention of the Complaints Officer.
- The Complaints Officer processes the complaint within four weeks after receipt of the complaint or informs, with statement of reasons, the Plaintiff about deviation from this term, stating the term within which after all a judgment over the complaint will be given.
- The Complaints Officer informs the Plaintiff and the person about whom has been complained in writing, about the judgment of the foundation of the complaint, whether or not accompanied by recommendations.
- If the complaint has been processed to satisfaction, then the Plaintiff, the Complaints Officer and the person about whom has been complained sign the judgment over the foundation of the complaint.
Article 6 Geschillencommissie Advocatuur
- A complaint that after treatment as referred to in article 5 of this Regulation of Complaints, has not been resolved, can be presented to the Geschillencommissie Advocatuur to obtain a binding ruling.
- If so requested, MA shall provide further information about the Geschillencommissie Advocatuur.
Article 7 secrecy and treatment of complaint free of charge
- The Complaints Officer and the person about whom has been complained, shall observe secrecy in the treatment of the complaint.
- The Plaintiff is not liable to pay a fee for the costs of the treatment of the complaint.
Article 8 responsibilities
- The Complaints Officer is responsible for the timely processing of the complaint.
- The person about whom has been complained shall keep the Complaints Officer informed about possible contact and a possible solution.
- The Complaints Officer shall keep the Plaintiff informed about the processing of the complaint.
- The Complaints Officer will keep the complaints file up-to-date.
Article 9 registration of complaints
- The Complaints Officer registers the complaint with the subject of the complaint.
- A complaint can be categorised in multiple subjects.
- The Complaints Officer will issue a periodic report about the processing of the complaints and will make recommendations for the prevention of new complaints, as well as for the improvement of procedures.
- At least once per year, the reports and the recommendations will be discussed in the office and presented for resolutions.